Oxygen Tape - Teflon - 21'
Shipping calculated at checkout.
SummaryStandard white teflon sealing tape is made with flammable resins that can rapidly combust when exposed to an oxygen-rich environment such as around an oxygen tank or concentrator or the fittings on a bench burner. Protect yourself from this invisible danger by using only a sealing tape manufactured and approved for use on oxygen fittings, valves, piping, hoses and torches. This oxygen tape is tinted green so that building and OSHA inspectors can verify that an oxygen safe teflon tape was used as required to meet local codes. One single roll of green oxygen-safe tape is enough to wrap (24) 1/4" fittings.
- Compatible with both liquid (LOX) or gaseous oxygen (GOX).
- Will not crack or harden on the joint. No curing time required.
- Clean, non-toxic, non-flammable, with an indefinite shelf life.
- Exceeds military specification: MIL-27730A.
- 3.5 mil. thick x 1/2" wide x 260" (21 feet) long. Density: 1.2g/cm3.
- Galvanized pipe, iron, copper, brass, aluminum, stainless steel, polyethylene, polypropylene, PVC, CPVC, ABS or fiberglass.
- Acids, compressed air, alcohols, aliphatic solvents, diesel fuel, ethylene glycol, gasoline, glycerin, helium, hydraulic fluids, hydrogen, jet fuel, kerosene, ketones, propane, mineral oil, natural gas, nitrogen, oxygen, and water.
- Keep oxygen-safe teflon tape clean.
- Do not store this tape where it is likely to become contaminated by mineral, vegetable or animal oils or greases or any other chemical likely to react violently with oxygen.
- Replace the cover clip onto the spool after use and store in a clean place.
- Wash all potentially contaminating substances from your hands prior to use.